When it involves your garden and you want to do a makeover, you don’t know where to go or whom to ask. You want to get rid of your old tree and arrange the plants and redo the lawn but you want the expertise of professionals.
Do you need landscaping? Or do you need tree felling? Let’s see the difference between these two and decide which one will attend to your needs.
The Difference between Landscaping and Tree Felling
People in the neighbourhood tend to their gardens and are unaware that they are involved in landscaping. Sprucing up your garden, converting it into something fabulous, is more than just planting and rearranging your plants on the lawn.
But you have some problems to deal with. You have trees in the lawn that need felling and tree stumps that need grinding. You also want the makeover to have garden ponds and paths installed and retaining walls built just beside a deck or a patio!
What you need is a landscaper, a gardener, and a tree surgeon!
A gardener simply does the cleaning, planting, and taking care of the plants. The landscaper does some heavy lifting by building retaining walls, garden ponds, fountains, and building a garden landscape based on a given layout. Sometimes the layout comes from you.
The tree surgeon focuses on tree felling, trimming, tree care maintenance, stump grinding, hedge trimming.
He is tasked to ascertain that trees to cut have acquired permissions and that compromised trees under Trees Preservation Order should be under careful discussion with the tree and property owner.
More on tree surgeons’ role
While the role of a tree surgeon overlaps with lawn care, their field of interest focuses more on tree care management.
Let’s see what they can do:
- Tree surgeons have certain skills, experience, and certification to carry out tree works. They can handle any size of a tree.
- They have specialised skills to operate heavy equipment, tools, and are completely geared up before they climb a tree.
- Tree surgeons also work on diseased trees, understand its condition, and are skilled to cut it, trim it or prune, or overhaul it.
- Tree surgeons can remove or grind tree stumps that serve as tripping hazards within the property and in the community.
- Tree surgeons, also called arborists, can climb the tallest tree and execute pollarding in order for the tree to regrow and bring back its lushness.
- Tree surgeons facilitate local permits before carrying out tree jobs to avoid disputes on trees under TPOs.
- Tree surgeons are 24/7 on call in case of emergencies at home or elsewhere and need to handle a tree job in a professional way.
- Tree surgeons also perform hedge trimming.
Lastly, tree surgeons are insured by their servicing company (since the job is by nature dangerous) and have the license to show when undertaking a job on the site.
What Alpine Tree Surgeons are doing
Alpine Tree Surgeons is a professional tree surgery company that serves Hampshire, Guildford, Southampton, Petersfield, and more.
Many believe that the work of tree surgeons is vital not only for trees but for the community on a larger scope.
Having special skills in handling trees, tree surgeons maintain trees’ health, which creates a significant impact on one’s property in terms of aesthetics and safety.
Tree surgery encompasses all works of an arborist. This includes hedge cutting, crown reduction or pollarding, landscaping, caring for trees’ and plants’ health, stump grinding, tree felling, and many more.
Our company has been in the tree care services industry since 1996, and we have helped people in the local area since then. So, you can rely on us for any tree surgery job of any size.
Get in touch with our staff if you want to arrange for a service, and get your no-obligation quotation for free.
As a trusted company, you can also check us on Checkatrade and have acquired recognition in what we do. Dial this number 01730 821277 and our representative will be more than happy to guide you.